1. Plan to go skydiving. The fear of death is an excellent excuse for overindulging.
2. Skydiving canceled due to fog. Time to celebrate!
3. Visit your mom (she knows I am trying to lose weight, so this year in the goodie basket she made for our hotel room, instead of unhealthy snack foods, she packed some wine and four apples – my step-father threw in a giant handful of chocolate hearts – we had to throw the apples away at airport security) . . . .
4. In Arizona. Two words: guacamole cheese crisp(s)!
5. Top it off with a 70th birthday bash for one’s brother-in-law, non-stop gluttony, and zero exercise and you have nine pounds in nine days (which will take me two years to lose).
I recently came across this quote:
“A lesson will be repeated until it is learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it, then you can go on to the next lesson.”
Hmm? Just noticed the position of the needle (I usually can’t see it). Make that 10 pounds.